Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Grass and a brand new home for Bessie

What a summer it's been.  I would rather build or remodel a house any day over putting a yard in.  Just in case you've never done it installing a sprinkler system and leveling it before hydro seeding sucks.  Never again!  Ha, yeah right.  I also said that it was Mark's job to mow, well until he gets a riding lawn mower we will both be mowing our 7500 sq feet of yard.  Good thing we have two lawn mowers.  It's nice to see it with grass, I even decorated the porch a little for Halloween.  Can't wait for Christmas.

 The back yard, the patchy part is going to be gravel eventually.
 The front yard, more gravel is going where the dirt is.
The back yard from our little mini porch.

So, after eight years and three months Bessie, better known as the Lethal Weapon Monster Truck, finally has her own home.  I've decided to call her Bessie because she reminds me of a big dumb farm animal, fun to play with but not useful in anyway.  Bessie has been residing in our two car garage for the last eight years, at the old house and the new house.  Do you know what that means?  That's right, if Bessie was living in the garage, we weren't parking in the garage.  Bessie lived on one side and all of Mark's stuff was on the other side, so definitely no room for a car or two in the TWO car garage.  Just for reference, we have been married for thirteen and a half years and have owned a house for ten of those years,  I was able to park in the garage for one winter.  I repeat, ONE WINTER out of ten!  I'm not bitter though...

Anyways, last weekend was the big day.  The concrete in the shop was finally cured and ready for something weighing ten thousand pounds to be parked on it, YAY!  Mark drove the truck out to the shop and backed it in, it was at that point that I realized how big this shop is.  Before the truck was in the shop I was thinking that he was going to run out of room out there.  Seeing Bessie parked I realized that the square footage of the shop was more than the main floor of our house.  I think I got jipped somewhere in the grand scheme of things.

Regardless of the size of the shop it was good to see Mark so excited to have her out there where he will be able to work with plenty of room to move.  We should be have power out there this weekend and Mark has already hung lights, can't wait to flip the switch.

 Our garage before the move
 The shop before the move

Bessie's new home, doesn't she look lovely in her very roomy and clean shop?
Bessie's tires, she looks like a little girl without them.

So now that the garage is clear it makes sense that I get to park in there right?  Ummm...  No.  It's not  a new car, but it's still my car and I want to park in the garage dammit.  Marks car is in there,which isn't such a big deal because that's the car we normally drive, but I have recently been informed that we only get to park in the garage if we are staying in for the night.  Wait...  What?  Apparently it's a waste of electricity to open and close the garage more than once a day.  He's kidding right?  Oh no he's not, he got all snippy with us when we joked about it.  It was fine when he was watering the lawn every single night at the old house and our water bill was out of control or if he has all the lights on and he's running all sorts of power tools but heaven forbid I get to open and close the garage door.  I'm pretty sure he's holding the opener hostage and it's probably the reason he's not going to put the keypad on the outside of the garage.  That's right, no unauthorized opening and closing for us, no way Jose.  

On that note it's time for me to got turn on the dryer and see how much electricity I can waste by drying his socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment