Friday, October 12, 2012

Is that a truck in my kitchen?

The foundation was poured on Thurday, 10/11/12 (get it?  10 11 12? hehe).  It was so cool to see the forms with concrete in between them, especially after Mark explained that's where it was.  Construction, it seems, is not my strongest area, hence the truck parked in my kitchen, or that's where it appeared to be parked.  Apparently it was parked on the future site of our deck.  The kitchen floor has not been poured yet. 

The forms for the foundation came off today, they still need to backfill and then rough in for the basement plumbing before the floor can be poured.  Gordon, our builder, and Mark keep trying to explain something about a pump and the the septic system.  I know next to nothing about septic, but to be quite honest, I'm a little grossed out that there is going to be a tank of human waste in my back yeard, eeewwww....

Can't really see the truck in the background because of the sun,
but I thought it was in the kitchen
(kinda hard to be there since we don't have a kitchen floor...)


The garage from the south side.

The main part of the house from the south,
this is where the master bedroom and bathroom will be.


The north side of the garage.  It doesn't look that big with the forms...  

Didn't make it to the lot tonight, can't wait to see the foundation walls with no forms.  We're going to take the four wheelers up on Sunday so the girls can ride on the property.  What a strange thought for me, we have enough property to ride on.  I've been told we can ride to my parents house in Farr West, over the bridge to grandma's house we go... 

No comments:

Post a Comment