Thursday, October 25, 2012

Rain and Snow Go AWAY

Arghhh...  I'm a fan of the rain and snow (as long as I don't have to be in it) but when I have been patiently waiting to build our house and it is being held up because of the weather I am quickly disliking it more and more each day.

We were so close to being able to pour concrete in the basement and garage floor so we could start framing and then POW!  all my hopes and dreams shot down.  It rained for three days straight and then Mother Nature had the nerve to send some mini blizzards our way as well.   The weather men say the next nine days should be sunny and in the sixties.  Please, please be right for once.

Life at the in-laws is okay, the little fellas finally have a make shift fence so they can go outside without leashes.  Leashes in the yard?  Yes, yes, I know that sounds funny but they really are not to be trusted.  You turn your back and those little shits will take off.  The nice thing is that Digger quit barking at everyone that walks down the sidewalk.  That could mostly be because there aren't a ton of neighbors around here.  Just the older couple next door who drives around in a golf cart, and she zips around so quick you almost miss her.  Digger hates the wet weather but Scarlett doesn't seem to mind.  Hopefully the big snow storms wait until we are moved.

School is going okay for Kandis.  Math is kicking all of our butts, but everything else seems to be okay.  She will be thirteen on Monday, wow where did the years go?  Work is fine for us.  We are getting ready for a big conversion but hopefully everything goes well, I'm just hoping for something short of a disaster.  The shop has been a little slow this last week, I'm sure it will pick up soon.

Here are a few pictures of the house with the basement plumbing roughed in and the pump in as well.  Uncle Dave wanted to be on the blog so I took a picture of him on the foundation wall.  Vegas, my aunt and uncles Golden Retriever, was scoping the garage out.  We are still working on getting him to poop somewhere else.  He's been used to pooping in my yard, which will come to an end very soon.  And yes, that is a tractor on my front porch.
 Kan's bathroom
 Uncle Dave
 The tractor on my porch
Vegas, the wandering pooper.

No comments:

Post a Comment