Saturday, December 8, 2012

Rock On


Finally!  It’s actually light enough for me to take pictures of the house.  The rock looks amazing.  I would guess they should be done on Monday.  There isn’t really a whole lot more to do.  It is going to look great with the stucco.  We picked two shades of grey for the stucco, the field will be Dorian Grey, which is a little lighter but still clearly grey.  The trim will be Gauntlet Grey which is darker.  I’m pretty sure our house is the only one on the street that isn’t going to be a shade of brown.  I ordered the address block for over the garage.  My neurosis came out in full force when I was on the Confab website and seen the measurements for the small address block, 15 ½” x 7 ½” x 2”.  I needed a visual so I whipped out the ruler and had to tape two pieces of paper together to get the length.  My boss, Annette, walks in as I am drawing this at my desk and just laughs at me.  I was convinced that it was going to be way too big.  Just so you have a visual, imagine this.  I’m in my office with this long sheet of paper with a huge rectangle on it.  I am holding it up on the wall trying to imagine that the wall is the space over my garage.  Annette reminded me that the block was really quite small in comparison to the rest of my house.  I took her word for it, even though I was still skeptical.  When I told Mark this story he laughed and agreed with Annette.  I had to see for myself so Wednesday afternoon I snuck across the street to our neighbors house and spied on his address block over the garage.  In my defense it looked pretty small from the street…  The closer I got to the garage and could see the block closer I realized that everyone was right, 15 ½” will be just fine.  Whewww!
 
This rock guy is amazing!!  Each piece is perfectly placed. 
This works great with my OCD issues.


They started sheet rocking today.  There is a little in the master bathroom and bedroom and the whole great room ceiling is done.  There are piles of sheet rock in each of the rooms.  Right now it's a one man show but this coming week there should be more guys there.  We are estimating the end of the week for it to be hung, mudded, and taped.  We will lay the floor after that and it will be time to paint.  I think this next month and a half is going to go fast, I'm sooo excited!!
 

 
I'm soooo glad we aren't sheet rocking this ourselves.  We finished our basement in the old house and I haven't forgotten how much I hate sanding plaster. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment