Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Shingle all the way

Who would have thought that on December 4th we would still be having pretty good weather?  I was a little stressed that the weather was going to really put a damper on our building process.  So far it's been great (for November and December). 

We had the 4-way inspection on Monday, there were only a few minor issues that need to be fixed.  I guess you could consider them fix-it tickets.  They shingled the entire roof today (it's not a super big roof) so now we don't have to worry about water damage in the front room.  I was really bummed that I couldn't take pictures, since it's dark at 5:00 my picture taking opportunities are limited to weekends.  But then shingles aren't really exciting.  Just step out on your front porch, look across the street at your neighbors house and imagine their shingles are grey.  Voila!  Those are our shingles.

So Mark calls me this morning and asks for (I swear I'm not making this up) the fifth time what the type of rock we pick was called.  He keeps calling it St Charles, the real name is English Block.  Let me explain why St Charles is the name that sicks out in his mind.  Prince Charles is English!  That is what is stuck in his brain.  So this is what he tells the builder, who relays that information to the rock guy who goes into Harristone and proceeds to ask for the St Charles rock.  Imagine everyones confusion when the nice lady tells him they don't carry St Charles.  Well duh!  Hence the fifth call for the same information I have already given him and the builder.  Once they had the right rock, English Block Ledgestone, the rocky guy was on his way with 500 some odd square feet of rock.  Hopefully that's enough...  Apparently there was a break in the rock guys schedule so he was able to start today rather than in three weeks, which is Christmas.    Mark was in slight panic mode and we had to go pick out stucco colors at lunch, which is slightly annoying because I wanted to go to the mall with Shelly today at lunch.  We are now well on our way, the rock is picked and purchased and stucco is just like picking paint so in a couple of weeks they will be ready to stucco. 

On a personal note, I firmly believe my father-in-law is hiding from us.  I have been sick since the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.  My voice is almost back to normal.  Kandis was sick the week after Thanksgiving and now the worst patient in the world is sick, Mark.  He is sooo whiny and hates to take medicine so it makes it even worse.  What do they say, "What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger..."  We'll see about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment