Saturday, January 5, 2013

100 lbs of mortar and 14 hrs later...

If I get fired or decide to quit my job apparently I have a future as a tile setter, or so Mark says.  Not my dream job so I guess I'll stick to my current job, either way we are about 97% finished with all of the tile work in the house.

We've been through 100 lbs of mortar, 23 20x20 tiles, and 6 gallons of water but the laundry room and bathroom are tiled.  I'll grout tomorrow while Mark cuts the difficult tiles for our bathroom, all of the whole tiles are done in our bathroom and we'll grout our bathroom Monday night then all of tile work will be done.  I can't wait!  It is really starting to look like a home.  We picked up all of the wood flooring Friday night, 27 boxes of it!  I hauled 23 of the boxes into the house by myself.  Mark was vacuuming the water out of the drain in the basement so it wasn't like he was just sitting around.  :) 

I'm hoping to have permanent electricity this week so we will be able to lay the wood floor with real light instead of floodlights.  The stucco guys (who by the way are slightly lazy!) should be back Monday or Tuesday to put the final coat on.  Can't wait to see the finished product! 

The house is really starting to look like someone will be moving in soon.  We picked out paint and I plan on taking some time off to paint.  I think if we can have everything painted by like the 25th or 26th we should be able to close by Valentines then it's a party at our house!!

I am really excited to be able to close out the storage units and have all of our stuff around us again.  We were getting the tile stuff out of the unit and I very nicely asked Mark if he could see (and possibly grab) my sewing machine.  He didn't think I was too funny...

It's late and we're off to bed, it's been a long couple of days.  I think it's going to be a long couple of weeks but it is all going to be worth it in the end.

 The upstairs bathroom, partially tiled.  The tile really isn't orange.
The laundry room, also partially tiled.  

The tile saw, this has been our best friend lately.
27 boxes of wood flooring...

No comments:

Post a Comment