Sunday, November 11, 2012

Anyone have a snowblower?

Welcome to winter!  I knew, going into this building process that we were going to fight the weather, but it's still frustrating when you can see a little process and then it is shut down by a damn snow storm.

What annoys me the most is that the framers (yes, the incompetent ones) had a beautiful week to get it done and they didn't.  They took Monday off and then only worked half a day on Tuesday (due to the floor joist miscalculation), Wednesday was a catch up and repair day since they had to fix the wall at the bottom of the stairs, finally Thursday there was some significant work done.  The floor was sheeted, the south and east walls were up, the south garage wall was framed and up but not sheeted, and the north wall was framed but still lying on the floor.  Friday it snowed which brought everything to a screeching halt.

We went up yesterday and Mark shoveled the floor so the snow didn't soak too far into the wood.  I'm a little concerned because I could have sworn that the wall that is supposed go up on the north side has a door framed in it and no windows framed.  The windows wouldn't be a big deal but there isn't one framed on the back so one of the bedrooms might be missing some sunlight.  I'm hoping that I'm wrong, Mark would love it if I was.  I'm tempted to go back up and check that wall because it is going to drive me nuts the rest of the day.  Arghhh....



No comments:

Post a Comment