Tuesday, November 20, 2012

You want to put the water heater where?

It would appear that the best place to install a water heater and furnace is right smack dab in the middle of your basement.  This way there is no way you can do anything with the space around you.  Once again I'm thinkin' no.  Mark had to meet with the builder and the HVAC guy this morning to discuss this very thing

After some discussion they came to a compromise.  The unit could be placed father back against the wall so we can frame it in and still use the rest of the basement.  The plumber has been there and has all of the upstairs drains have been roughed in.  Interior walls are up but the electrician has to come in and run wire before they can sheet the walls.  The plan is for him to be there on Monday. 

Meanwhile the driveway has been poured and they have the forms for the front porch up.  We picked shingles (Georgetown Grey), the rock was a little more difficult but we decided on English block which is grey and the stucco should be easy, I understand you can basically pick it like you pick paint samples.

The windows could have been installed today, but that stresses me out a little.  There are naughty little boys in the neighborhood who could throw rocks at my nice new windows.  They have already been busted throwing dirt clods at the window wells before they were installed and I'm pretty sure they caused the nick in the garage floor also.

It's hard to go up after work since it is already dark by the time we get there and I can't really take pictures.  We were up on Saturday and we have to go up tomorrow morning to meet with the cabinet guy.  We are on the hunt for a refrigerator, we already have the rest of the kitchen appliances.  I can't wait for those double ovens.  Did I mention both are convection??  I can't wait to make cookies and cakes.  I understand the dishwasher will even make breakfast for you, well maybe not but it does everything else.

Okay, close your eyes and imagine what I am seeing in these rooms.

Kan's room, it's already a mess!


My craft room. 
Can't wait to see my sewing machine and fabric table in there.
 


The theater room. 
This one is going to be so fun when it's done.
 

The stairs, yes it's a lame picture, but when the basement is
finished they will lead to the London Underground.
 
Mind the Gap!

No comments:

Post a Comment